How we conduct online classes
Before the first day of online class
- Englist will send parents the details of when class will take place and any relevant links and information students will need.
- Any materials that are required for online class, including novels and writing notebooks, will be mailed to parents in the week before the first day of class begins.
- Students, or students’ parents, must check that everything is in working order before the first day of class begins. This includes making sure students are able to sign in, there is stable internet access, microphones and earphones are working, and that they have all of the materials they need for class ready.
- Students are expected to sign in to class on time. Online classes are different in format than physical classes, but classroom rules still apply. This means students should only be speaking in English, they should not be snacking or eating meals during class, and no other distractions should be present (including chatting to other people off camera).
- During class time, students’ cameras need to be turned on the whole time except during break time. During breaktime, please make sure the student doesn’t accidentally sign out of the class.
If any technical issues arise during class, or if parents have questions after class is over, they are welcome to reach out to Englist administrative staff.
The most reliable way to reach our staff is via our LINE chat: @englist
We understand that online learning is hard for families. Online classes might mean parents need to do a little extra work in helping their kids, or might need to pay a little bit closer attention to how their student is behaving in class. It’s no fun for anyone – parents, students, and teachers. What makes Englist such a great program is that we both understand the difficulties and drawbacks of online learning, but we are also able to transition to an online system in the blink of an eye.